1. Obtain personalized  quotation for camera insurance

2.Return to our home page


 Stand alone Camera Equipment insurance

This contract is designed to provide protection for your photographic equipment whether you are a professional or an amateur photographer. You can chose if you want to insure your equipment in just one building such as your home or photographic studio or if you want to insure it on an all risks basis. If you chose the all risks basis, you can then chose to have cover included in unattended vehicles and chose to have unlimited worldwide cover as well. Both these options will increase the premium required.

Household policies can be used to cover camera equipment for the amateur photographer, but not normally for a professional. However, it may be that a household insurance policy will not offer cover as wide as this policy achieves, nor may they be able to offer cover for substantial sums insured. In addition, a lot of household policies will only cover items out of the Uk for 60 days in an insurance year, so if you are travelling abroad a lot you may need to consider how to ensure continued cover.

You can chose between paying monthly by direct debit or credit card or annually. Monthly policies have increased benefits over the annual policies. You should note that the premium becomes payable every 28 days making about 13 payments in the year.

The cover includes theft damage and accidental loss up to the sum insured you chose and hiring of alternative equipment up to 1250 on an annual policy and to 1500 on a monthly policy. Personal accident insurance is included up to 5000 on an annual policy and 7500 on a monthly policy. Public liability insurance is limited to claims of up to 1m on an annual policy and 1.25m on a monthly policy. The policy offers replacement on a new for old basis if the item is within 1 year of being new. If you take a monthly policy then this extends to 2 years.

There will be an excess, which is the amount that you pay towards a claim. This is normally 7.5% of the claim with a minimum of 150. If the item is stolen from a vehicle or a public place then this increases to 12.5% with a minimum of 250. All excesses are doubled if the claim occurs out of the UK. Public liability property damage claims have a 250 excess. If you take the monthly policy then there is no excess on the personal accident section and the hire of replacement equipment. You should think carefully about using this policy for a sum insured of anything less than 250, and even at 250 you could find a claim negated by the excess. Out of the UK a claim of 500 could be negated.

The quotation system will first show you a range of premiums for different sums insured and differnt levels of cover. Once you have seen the value for money you will be able to be granted immediate cover by pressing the instant cover button. There will be a 14 day money back guarantee subject to there being no claims. Prior to entering the quotation system we will ask you for your name and address details.

Press the personalized quotation link  here or in the left hand column for a full quotation.