1. Obtain personalized  quotation for short term car or van insurance

2.Return to our home page incluing annual motor insurance


Short term motor cover for cars and vans for 1 to 28 days

These policies are designed to offer cover for up to 28 days and can only be arranged via the internet. Cover is nearly always immediate and you will be e-mailed with the certificate of insurance once your payment has cleared.

There are many reasons why you might want to use a short term cover policy rather than your normal annual policy, and there are reasons why this form of cover can be advantageous to you. 

You may want to add on an additional driver to your policy who if a claim was made would lose your no claims bonus on your annual policy and affect your premiums in the years to come. Better to insure this on a separate policy and not affect your no claims bonus which discounts your normal annual policy by as much as 65%. You may have a lady only policy and you may want to add on a male. Your insurer may not be able to do that. It may be that the additional driver is under the age that your annual insurers will accept. Your annual policy might be a policy which does not accept any additional drivers.

You may have been loaned a car by a garage whilst yours is in for mechanical or damage repairs. Your annual policy may not be able to incorporate a second or temporary vehicle. Some insurers charge very high premiums for short term cover.

You may want to borrow a friends car or van to move or collect something large and consider it an imposition to ask your friend's insurers to add you onto his or her policy. This method will not inconvenience your friend at all. Your own annual insurers may not want to issue cover on a vehicle that you do not own.

Cover will be comprehensive, but not cover glass damage. There will be an excess on the policy which means you will pay the first so much of any damage.

The acceptance criteria of this policy are wide. The full criteria are set out after you have obtained the quotation but briefly drivers should be aged between 21 and 75 and have held a full UK or EEC license for at least 12 months and been resident in the UK or EU for 12 months. They should not have had more than 2 fault claims in the past 3 years and no more than 6 penalty points within the past 5 years with no police enquiries pending. Cover is available for most occupations except courier parcels and fast food deliveries, people in the entertainment industry and nightclubs and gambling businesses and professional sportsmen and sportswomen. Cover is not available for unemployed people.

The vehicle should be registered in the UK, not on a Q plate and right hand drive and not have more than 8 seats and not be modified in any way. Cover is available for vans up to 3500kg gross vehicle weight. Cover for most cars is available.

Cover needs to be paid for by credit or debit card issued in the name of one of the drivers on the policy.

Press the personalized quotation link  here or in the left hand column for a full quotation.